Old 20-05-2005, 02:05 PM
kathy

Mainly jan wants pond size, filter size, fish number, kind and size,
age of the pond, how many plants are in it. Lots of information ;-)
I'll see if I can find the form, it's back a week or two
after I post this.

Petsmart should have test kits for sale. Check the expiration date on
them. Exact test results are what we need as there are some things that
can be *fine* by Petsmart standards but could stand tweaking by
rec.ponds standards.

All kinds of algae thrive on sun, fresh water, fish waste, fertilized
run off, rotting plants and blown in dirt.

The best defense against algae is
to have lots of plants to compete for the nutrients
few fish
not overfeeding those fish
some shade
and cleaning up debris.