Old 20-05-2005, 08:23 PM
woz

i don't know where you live in the city but gaddy's on FM 685 north of
1825 in pflugerville sold me a huge pot (sized for trees ) used for $5
and they have new ones for about 30 i think. black plastic. not too
pretty but functional

do you have any offshoots left?
Cowboy wrote:
L.A. Rizzo wrote:
Just remember those Sagos will kill an animal with just one seed.

My dogs
just died a horrible agonizing death this week because some jerk

decided to
poison the dogs in my neighborhood with, what we suspect, is Sago

palm
seeds.

If you have pets, Sagos should be taboo.

Lori

I'm not disputing that Cycads can be dangerous to pets, and this one
indeed had seeds - a number of them, but if someone poisoned dogs,

it's
more likely castor beans were used as they are more plentiful

I also found this list of plants poisonous to dogs and cats:

ALL BULBS
Amarylillis
Apple Leaf Croton
Autumn Crocus
Avocado (fruit and pit)
Azalea
Baby's Breath
Bittersweet
Bird of Paradise
Branching Ivy
Buckeye
Buddhist Pine
Caladium
Calla Lily
Castor Bean
Ceriman
Charming Dieffenbachia
Chinese Evergreen
Christmas Rose
Cineraria
Clematis
Cordatum
Corn Plant
Cornstalk Plant
Croton
Cuban Laurel
Cutleaf Philodendron
Cycads
Cyclamen
Daffodil
Devil's Ivy
Dianthus
Dieffenbachia
Dracaena Palm
Dragon Tree
Dumb Cane
Dianthus
Elaine
Elephant Ears
Emerald Feather
English Ivy
Fiddle-leaf fig
Florida Beauty
Foxglove
Fruit Salad Plant
Geranium
German Ivy
Giant Dumb Cane
Glacier Ivy
Gold Dieffenbachia
Gold Dust Dracaena
Golden Pothos
Hahn's Self-Branching Ivy
Heartland Philodendron
Hops
Hurricane Plant
Indian Rubber Plant
Janet Craig Dracaena
Jerusalem Cherry
Kalanchoe
Lacy Tree Philodendron
Lily of the Valley
Madagascar Dragon Tree
Marble Queen
Marijuana
Mexican Breadfruit
Miniature Croton
Mistletoe
Morning Glory
Mother-in Law's Tongue
Narcissus
Needlepoint Ivy
Nephytis
Nightshade
Oleander
Onion
Peace Lily
Pencil Cactus
Plumosa Fern
Poinsettia
Poison Ivy
Poison Oak
Pothos
Precatory Bean
Primrose
Red Emerald
Red Princess
Red-Margined Dracaena
Rhododendron
Ribbon Plant
Saddle Leaf Philodendron
Sago Palm
Satin Pothos
Schefflera
Silver Pothos
Spotted Dumb Cane
String of Pearls
Striped Dracaena
Sweetheart Ivy
Swiss Cheese Plant
Taro Vine
Tobacco
Tree Philodendron
Tropic Snow Dieffenbachia
Weeping Fig
Yew

And that's just a _partial_ list.

Notice such things as English Ivy, Primrose, and even Onion!! There

are
a lot of things poisonous. Luckily, most dogs won't eat these things,

though some may chew. You just have to be careful.

Cowboy