Old 21-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Robin McInnes

Default Hosepipe Question

Hi,

I bought a hosepipe years ago, (a LOT of years ago, now I come to
think...), which was of the then very popular 'flat' variety. It was an
excellent buy, and has given me years of trouble-free use. It is still
fully serviceable and leak-free, and I use it all the time without any
problems for straight watering.

And, of course, being made of nylon fabric it is also very light and
compact. I can't remember the name of the hose system, but I think it
was Hydro-something. (The label is no longer on mine.)

Anyway, my problem is that I want to use one of those Miracle Gro plant
feeder attachments on it, but they are fitted with a male Hozelock
connector.

Now, this old hosepipe of mine seems to use a sort of 'reverse-Hozelock'
system in that the hose ends are male, and that any spray-guns, nozzles
or other attachments need to have a _female_ connector in order to fit
on the end of the pipe. With the plant feeder I am faced with needing to
join two male connectors together:- the feeder and my hosepipe end.

The ideal solution would be a Hozelock 'Double Female' connector, but
they do not seem to do them at all, and I'm a bit lost as to how to proceed.

I would buy a new hosepipe with the Hozelock connectors the 'right' way
around, but I can't seem to find any of those light, convenient and
compact flat hosepipes anywhere either, and I don't really want a heavy
conventional one if I can help it.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can overcome my male/male problem
at all please, without getting a conventional hosepipe?

(And, in passing, does anyone know why they seem to have stopped selling
the flat-type hoses?)

Cheers,
Robin McInnes
Cheshire, UK

(Email address contains a spam-trap. Remove it to mail me.)