Old 22-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Reel McKoi

"DD DDD" wrote in message
I feed my fish/turtles live redworms sometimes. The problem is I have
pond rock in my 300 gallon preform. The worms go the the bottom and
crawl inbetween the rocks so quick that that dont get eaten. Do they
just die in the rocks or do the come up sometimes? This bothers me cause
the turtles that I hand feed sometimes seem to be starving.

$$ I hope you've inquired into what the type of turtles you have eat as a
normal diet. It would be cruel for them to starve to death. There also
needs to be a way for them to get out of the pond to dry and sun themselves.
I'm assuming they're not mudturtles.

They just
cant find the food. Also floating pellet food and sticks rarely get
eaten by the catfish or african frogs. They did when I had them in a
aquarium. Any better way to feed these creatures?

$$ You may consider removing the rocks from the bottom of your little pond.
If a bare pond turns you off try using one layer of a finer gravel. They
should find the food easier that way.

Any help would be
great. I turn off the pump when I feed them to keep the water quiet. If
I dont they never eat

$$ Something isn't quite right with your setup. You can also try feeding
the turtles on the land area beside the pond.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...