Old 22-05-2005, 09:34 AM
HairyMcLeary

"Ross Vandegrift" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I'm usually still in bed when my tank lights come one, but this morning
I wasn't. And when they did, I noticed that they seemed very dim.
Slowly, they got brighter. I'm a bit concerned that the ballast is
going south or something.

It's an AH supply kit with a home built hood. 2x55Watt in a wood
enclosure that's really well ventilated - the top is mostly open.
Nothing bad has fallen in or anything like that and everything else
seems ok.

Is this normal?

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."

Most CFs take 5 or 10 minutes to reach peak brightness, or so the
manufacturers claim, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Tony