Old 22-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Elaine T

Nikki Casali wrote:
Elaine T wrote:

Nikki Casali wrote:

Elaine T wrote:

I thought I'd never see anything pearl in my plant tanks since I'm
using Flourish Excel rather than CO2. This morning, the sun was
shining on the guppy tank, and the Baby's tears and Rotala indica
were both pearling in the sunlight. What a beautiful sight!

I used to get pearling from my swords when the sun shone through the
blinds. That was before I fertilised or even touched CO2. Sun
definitely has the oomph.

Nikki

Funny - it's just the right WPG and wavelength. ;-)

It'd nice to harvest it through some fibreoptic contraption brought
through the roof. I don't think it would have the same heat problems
associated with direct sunlight at the window ledge.

I don't think I've

ever seen a swordplant pearl. That must have been magnificent.

Not really, just a single stream of bubbles, but it was the first time
I'd ever seen a plant do that and didn't even know what it meant.
http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/ECHINODORUS-leak.jpg

Nikki

Wow! Nice shot of it. Must have been a tiny bit of damage on the leaf.
My baby's tears pearl from where I clipped some off when I wanted
cuttings for another tank. The rotala collects bubbles under the leaves.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__