Old 22-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Nikki Casali

Cichlidiot wrote:
Nikki Casali wrote:

It'd nice to harvest it through some fibreoptic contraption brought
through the roof. I don't think it would have the same heat problems
associated with direct sunlight at the window ledge.

Well, there is at least one such system to provide indoor lighting, but I
don't know if it would be sufficient intensity for growing plants. I'm not
sure of the effeciency of the system. I've seen it most often discussed
for indoor lighting as a way of energy conservation.

I'll like to see this done with an aquarium in a high-tech home just for
proof of concept. I have heard of houseplants being grown in this
environment. I can just imagine how expensive the system would be to set up.

http://www.parans.com/products.htm

Nikki