Old 22-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Elaine T

Default Stalled iris - help, please

I bought two baby Japanese Iris (Iris ensata) plants at Home Depot and
planted one in the pond over a month ago. The other looked iffy, so I
kept it in its nursery container of aquatic soil outside of the pond to
see if it wouldn't grow some. The one I planted had a couple of healthy
shoots, but has only added a leaf or two and now seems to have stopped
growing. Same with the one sitting next to the pond. The lily and
pickerel weed I bought and planted at the same time are growing very well.

The Iris in the pond is in a 2 gallon pot in Schultz aquatic soil and
fertilized with a lily tablet. It gets about 8 hours of direct sun
daily. It was about 7" deep and only grew a bit. I moved it up to
about 2-3" deep a week ago and it's still doing nothing. Not dying -
just stalled. Water temps are 70-75F now.

What else does this plant want from me?

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__