Old 22-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Lisa

Default Stupid Ducks!

First of all, let me start this post by saying, I love nature. Birds,
flowers, frogs, fish, toads, mammals, etc, but what I don't love are the
pair of ducks that keep invading my new pond, tearing up my plants and
leaving their poo and filth behind in the water! We live just a few hundred
yards from a natural creek and a huge pond that is about 1/8 of a mile
behind our house in the woods. I just don't get why these ducks think my
pond is their own personal spa! Is there any way to repel them (without
hurting them) from my ponds? I have two little bitty ponds, an upper and
lower. I had a net on the lower pond most of the spring and mostly because
last year I had a heron visiting eating my fish. I left the net on this
spring to keep the ducks out, but the blasted fowl kept coming and sitting
on top of the net! Now, I added an upper pond, that does not in the least
look natural to my setting, but I like it all the same and they are now
using this as their personal spa. They are eating my plants and trashing
the water. I have not yet added fish to this yet as I am waiting until the
water is in balance and I added chemicals for chlorine, etc. I hate putting
the net back as they still sit on top of it. Does anyone know of a
repellent I could use? I do not own a dog and my cat (who goes out on a
leash) does not really care about the ducks, or he is scared of them. Help!

Thanks for listening to my ranting and ravings. I don't normally post
because I can find what I need by searching the postings, but didn't see
anything recently about ducks.

Lisa
Northern Indiana