Old 22-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Gill Passman

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
44 and drizzle today. Too wet to do anything more in the garden, and not
nice to just sit by the pond. So, I'll put on a jacket and sit in the
gazebo for a bit anyway. Really, it's a message that I need to get on

with
the housecleaning. The Mongol Hordes are coming next weekend for the tour
of the cemeteries, and I foolishly invited them here for afterwards.
I'll do my own private graveside visiting beforehand. It doesn't get much
easier....

Peace,

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at

home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

It has been a pretty bad weekend here in the UK....it's put back the
clearing of the beds for the summer plants again.....and the plans for the
pond even further....the garden needs doing before that...we had planned to
start on the pond next weekend but the existing stuff needs to come first -
plus the housework before that as much as I hate doing it.....which I also
managed to put off this weekend....

The bog garden is doing real well - it is all iris - although on close
inspection I think there are also some dandelions - food for the guinea pig
and rabbit :-). The weather has suited it. I have started emptying my tank
water into it which has helped immensely (6 tropicals)...all I need to do
now is persuade the dog that he doesn't want to go there to cool down when
it does get hot....still waiting for the first blooms - the "dry land"
irises are almost there and I did spot some buds on the bog irises
today...they are getting quite tall now - at least 3 foot.....they have
improved immensely over the last 3 years.....

Over here in the UK, we would probably almost describe your pond as a
lake....it is very beautiful and looks incredibly peaceful....if I took Sam
(my dog) to whatever pond we end up with he would turn up his nose at the
very short walk but then I live in an area where my 100 foot is viewed as a
big garden.....but then he does love the attention (Collie cross)

What type of fish is Walter? and what type of dog is Luka? My LFS has a very
large Koi (about 18 inches and fat) - somehow I have in my head that Walter
is of similar proportions.

I'm sorry you are feeling melancholy today but it happens....you appear to
have a great love of your home and environment and that is very
important....I love reading your tales of your pond...you write very well
and it is very evocative of a mood...there is something very "human" in all
of this which is absolutely great in our current climate....

Keep up the posts

Gill