Old 22-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Gary Woods

Default Non-pond thoughts, sort of

44 and drizzle today. Too wet to do anything more in the garden, and not
nice to just sit by the pond. So, I'll put on a jacket and sit in the
gazebo for a bit anyway. Really, it's a message that I need to get on with
the housecleaning. The Mongol Hordes are coming next weekend for the tour
of the cemeteries, and I foolishly invited them here for afterwards.
I'll do my own private graveside visiting beforehand. It doesn't get much
easier....

Peace,

Old 22-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
44 and drizzle today. Too wet to do anything more in the garden, and not
nice to just sit by the pond. So, I'll put on a jacket and sit in the
gazebo for a bit anyway. Really, it's a message that I need to get on

with
the housecleaning. The Mongol Hordes are coming next weekend for the tour
of the cemeteries, and I foolishly invited them here for afterwards.
I'll do my own private graveside visiting beforehand. It doesn't get much
easier....

===========================
Somehow I get the feeling from your posts that you're depressed and lonely.
A cemetery tour? That doesn't sound like the happiest of occasions. Try
and make the best of it. Get that BBQ grill ready, buy a few new upbeat
CDs, borrow or buy some cheap chairs.....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 22-05-2005, 05:56 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

44 and drizzle today. Too wet to do anything more in the garden, and not
nice to just sit by the pond. So, I'll put on a jacket and sit in the
gazebo for a bit anyway. Really, it's a message that I need to get on with
the housecleaning.

Sounds like a really gray day.... and mentioning housecleaning, oh my.
Our local weather news said Saturday would be nice and Sunday rain. I mow
on Sundays and was so glad the weather man got it wrong. We had the rain
yesterday and it is sunny today. I'm just waiting for the grass to dry out
a bit and then I'll be out there mowing.

Pond update. Lily pond doing it's usual spring thing again, high pH. Lilies
must be getting use to it, as they're growing and blooming anyway. Fuzzy
algae a bit out of control, I rake the matts off the surface after scarying
off the tadpoles, each weekend. Seriously thinking that it is time to do
the out-of-the-pond filter on that pond, maybe next spring. Koi pond
getting foamy, pre-spawning activity? Hmmmm? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 22-05-2005, 06:10 PM
kathy

Spent all day in class yesterday.
Going back to college after a, ahem, long
break, is taxing to the brain. Can you sprain
a brain?

I had a blue iris show up at the pond edge.
A little sprog I just stuck in there years ago.
I thought it had been stepped on too much by
the dogs but there it was! Scrappy little plant!
I think I got if from jan..

The band had its last local show. Went to it
and braved the goths and the punks and the
multiple piercings. The boys are all going off
to college this fall and taking a break. Very
sad but it was a great show, fantastic crowd.
Very loud ;-) I will miss them so much, but
I get my family room back and the house will
stop its vibrating apart.

The turtles are sunning, HRH The Lady Bullfrog
is holding court, the dragonflies are hatching.
All is well in the pond.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com

Old 22-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Gill Passman

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
44 and drizzle today. Too wet to do anything more in the garden, and not
nice to just sit by the pond. So, I'll put on a jacket and sit in the
gazebo for a bit anyway. Really, it's a message that I need to get on

with
the housecleaning. The Mongol Hordes are coming next weekend for the tour
of the cemeteries, and I foolishly invited them here for afterwards.
I'll do my own private graveside visiting beforehand. It doesn't get much
easier....

Peace,

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at

home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

It has been a pretty bad weekend here in the UK....it's put back the
clearing of the beds for the summer plants again.....and the plans for the
pond even further....the garden needs doing before that...we had planned to
start on the pond next weekend but the existing stuff needs to come first -
plus the housework before that as much as I hate doing it.....which I also
managed to put off this weekend....

The bog garden is doing real well - it is all iris - although on close
inspection I think there are also some dandelions - food for the guinea pig
and rabbit :-). The weather has suited it. I have started emptying my tank
water into it which has helped immensely (6 tropicals)...all I need to do
now is persuade the dog that he doesn't want to go there to cool down when
it does get hot....still waiting for the first blooms - the "dry land"
irises are almost there and I did spot some buds on the bog irises
today...they are getting quite tall now - at least 3 foot.....they have
improved immensely over the last 3 years.....

Over here in the UK, we would probably almost describe your pond as a
lake....it is very beautiful and looks incredibly peaceful....if I took Sam
(my dog) to whatever pond we end up with he would turn up his nose at the
very short walk but then I live in an area where my 100 foot is viewed as a
big garden.....but then he does love the attention (Collie cross)

What type of fish is Walter? and what type of dog is Luka? My LFS has a very
large Koi (about 18 inches and fat) - somehow I have in my head that Walter
is of similar proportions.

I'm sorry you are feeling melancholy today but it happens....you appear to
have a great love of your home and environment and that is very
important....I love reading your tales of your pond...you write very well
and it is very evocative of a mood...there is something very "human" in all
of this which is absolutely great in our current climate....

Keep up the posts

Gill