Old 23-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Ray

When I lived in SC and had a lot of ants in the GH, I used to mix 4 ounces
boric acid and 1/4 cup sugar into 1/4 pound of melted candle-making wax,
then pour it into a foil-lined baking sheet.

When it solidified and was broken into chunks, you had waterproof ant baits,
but I think less immediately effective than Joe's recipe.

"Joe me" shoelessjo@ bree.net wrote in message
One thing that I use for ants is to take equal part of Boric Acid and
sugar, add water a little at a time un till you get a syrup. Put small
drops on the rim of the pots. The ants collect the syrup and take it
back to the nest and everyone dies.

On 22 May 2005 09:12:14 -0700, "
wrote:

I have several pots, I grow in a bark mixture, where an ant colony has
taken up residence. I have Knox-Out and Malathion but neither seems to
be listed for ants. Any suggestions?