Old 23-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Broadback

Alan Gould wrote:

In article , Broadback
writes

I've been looking at the flyer for World Books in a gardening magazine,
some very tasty bargains, but.....
Having been on their Web page and read the flyer from cover to cover I
cannot find any conditions, like "Must buy 12 books a year." Has anyone
experience of this company, and what exactly are their conditions?
TIA

I had some good bargain RHS Encyclopedias from World Books and I bought
the then obligatory four further books from them. After that I cancelled
my 'membership' in writing, but they continued to send further books and
bills for them, which I refused to pay. I returned the unwanted books,
but they denied receiving them and carried on sending more. The matter
finished up very nastily, but without me paying anything more.

Thanks you all for your help, I never expected it to be a free lunch,
but could not find the conditions. As I have no wish for leftovers I
will give it a miss.