Old 24-05-2005, 12:30 AM
~Roy~

On Mon, 23 May 2005 20:36:09 +0100, "SkyCatcher"
wrote:

===can anyone recommend a way to get rid of duckweed.
===
===would it be useful to use a surface skimmer?
===
===thanks
===
===sky
===

I also wish there was a simple quick way to get rid of duck weed. I
have a pond of 1+ acre in size and all it took was a couple unseen
pieces of duckweed that got by us when we put plants in the pond and
its been a chore ever since.........I guess I have too much other
good stuff for my koi and GF to eat as they do not seem to bother
it.......I use a pool type leaf/skimmer net to skim it off the water,
and can easily fill a few 5 gal buckets every month or so, but at
least it stays mixed in and around the marginals and shoreline, so its
not really all that obtrusive.