Old 11-02-2003, 03:55 AM
Gary Heston

Default Fence Post Protector does it work? has anybody used it?

In article ,
dp wrote:
I have nearly cut down my fence and mailbox post with my string
trimmer, the weed wacker is damaging my fence posts when i trim for
weeds and grass. I have found one product that claims to solve this
problem on www.Pro-Intl.com
the Fence Post Protector, and protects a fence post anchor - whats
that?

A fence post anchor is a thing that is driven or buried in the ground
and holds a fence post upright.

Has anyone tried it? does it work?

No, and no idea. My fence posts are metal and set directly in concrete.

any info about these types of products would be great.
thanks

I've seen fence post anchors at Home Depot; they can probably provide
a nice spiel about the advantages of them.

They can also sell you a roll of 6" wide flashing that you can cut into
short pieces and nail around the base of your fence and mailbox posts.

Gary

--
Gary Heston

"You can't put the tube back in the toothpaste." Rep. Steve LaTourette,
defending Rep. James Traficant at his explusion vote.