Old 24-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Vox Humana

"Michael" wrote in message
I see this a member of the mint family....if I even hear the word

mint.....I
think of an invasive plant.

Is it?

A: as bad as mint?
B: not nearly?
C: not at all?

Mine hasn't been invasive. It tends to form slowly growing clumps rather
than aggressive root runners like spearmint. The only issue is that it
produces lots of seeds and they tend to germinate at a rather high rate.
That said, the seedlings are very easy to kill by simply cultivating the
soil when you see them sprout. I started some from seed about 5 years ago
and they did really well. Unfortunately, they seem to have died off this
winter. I only have a few left, so I am letting the seedling mature and
will thin them later. I always leave the seed heads alone for winter
interest and wildlife food. If you removed the flowers before they set
seed, you would eliminate the issue.