Old 24-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Spider

Niall Smyth wrote in message
news
Thanks Mike

The garden is about 40foot square

I have a dirt cheap 30cm electric rotary and it does cut the grass,
but often I cant get a chance to do it as regularly as I should
So sometimes I am cutting 4" of grass, and the box is tiny
(two lines of the garden and its empty time)

The electric one struggles here and its patchy clumps a plenty!
The convenience of the petrol will see me cutting it more regularly also

can I hang a petrol mower or does it have to be kept flat?
(my shed is tiny)

Are petrols a maintenance nightmare?
I like the way my electric, just comes out of the shed
and back in it goes - thats it

Regards

--
niall

Hi Niall,

I have two lawns, each more than 40ft.sq., one of them quite steep. I use
a Qualcast Panther 30 push cylinder mower (£35 last year). It is much
easier to get out and use than even an electric mower. If you cut the lawn
more regularly, you'll find a push mower copes perfectly well. It will also
keep you fit. You won't have to pay for petrol or electricity - neither
will the planet. It has an old-fashioned type collection box which is
perfectly adequate for your size of lawn *if* you cut it regularly. You
will probably find it much easier to maintain, too. It will store in a
small shed either hanging or flat. I would *never* go back to a powered
mower now.

Spider