Old 24-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Craig Cowing

On May 24, 2005, at 5:26 PM, Gary Huff wrote:

I enjoy the traditions of bonsai as well as the next guy, but I am
experimenting with using the
weight of a bonsai to determine when to water them by incorporating a
little technology. I’m
rather new to bonsai and I am trying the skewer method of determining
when to water my plants,
but sometimes I’m having trouble figuring out exactly when to water
from moisture, or lack of it,
on a skewer stick. Bonsai experts kept saying you can determine when
to water also by the weight

snip
If you think this is a crazy idea let me know, but I’m thinking it
would be one
way for someone new to this hobby, like myself, and someone who
doesn’t mind using a little
technology with an old artform, to figure out when to water with a
little more certainty, and
hopefully keep a few more bonsai alive and well. Oh yes, try not to
laugh too much at this idea.

Gary Huff
Virginia
Zone 7a