Old 24-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Kev Bailey

I think that this has been tried before. I know that old timers used the
technique but without the scales, for all sorts of potted plants. They also
used the sound that a pot makes when tapped to judge when water was
required. I think that if it woks for you and allows you to learn how to
work with your trees succesfully then go for it. As has been said, it will
only work while you have just a couple of trees.

Eventually the process will become second nature. You will know just by
looking, but until then use any device you need to learn and then reassure
yourself.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
North Wales, UK Zone 9