Old 24-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Reel McKoi

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
I was just outside and saw what I believe to be a heron in one of the

trees
overlooking my pond. I chased it away and then checked my ponds. Four

fish
are missing!

I don't know how long this creature has been stalking my goldfish. I know
yesterday there were 6 in my upper pond and now I can only see 4.

I put a net over the pond that I use in the fall to catch leaves but it
isn't very attractive.

## Those fine black bird nets are the least obvious.

I have a lower pond which has most of the fish and I need to protect them.

How do I do that? Any ideas would be appreciated.

## The only thing that worked for us was nets. But then we also had snakes,
bullfrogs, King Fishers and mudturtles invading our ponds. We were losing
fish as fast as I could get to the city to buy more.... :-(

First the ducks, now the herons. What's next, the eagle?

## ....... snakes, bullfrogs, King Fishers and mudturtles........

Tom from Howell, NJ

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...