Old 25-05-2005, 12:11 AM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:48:12 GMT in Kira Dirlik !! wrote:
Hello All,
I have read and know some folks who add shredded newspapers to
their compost piles, and who lay sheets of it under leaves, to prevent
weeds from growing, and then dig it in when it disintegrates.
My question deals with the ink. Does ink (say from the N&O and
the Chatham Record) have chemicals, lead, etc. in it, and would it be
really bad to use it in a veggie garden?
I think I recall the Independent uses soy-based inks, but would
it also contain other elements that would be bad?

As memory serves the nuisance and disturber switched to
a soy based ink back in the 90s.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil