Old 09-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Jack

Default Climbers on Fence

Good point about the pruning requirements - I hadn't thought about that.

Each individual fence panel is 6 feet high and 6 feet wide. I'm wondering
how many climbers to plant next to each section of 6 foot wide panel (there
are 7 panels in total). I suppose if I put clematis with the same pruning
requirements next to each other that would solve the pruning dilemma,
though.

Thanks.

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
in article , Jack at
wrote on 8/2/03 7:28 pm:

On a 6x fence, how many clematis would you plant to cover the fence
completely? The clematis are, for example, Nelly Moser, Jackmanii, and
Vyvyan Pennell.

Thanks

6' High or wide? You also need to take into consideration the pruning
requirements of each Clematis you want to plant, because once they've all
grown into each other and tangled up, you can't tidy them up individually.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk