Old 25-05-2005, 02:43 PM
axemanchris

Your goldfish would be much happier outdoors in a pond than in the cramped
quarters of a one gallon tank! They do require at least 10 gal. per fish
when in an aquarium. That's why the water will cloud up. Goldfish produce
alot of waste! Anyway, introduce them in a bag or a pail of water to let
the temps match up and they should be fine. If your pond is deep enough
(usually 36" to avoid freezing to the bottom) the fish can winter through.
There will be lots of posts about overwintering fish in the fall, so if
you'd like keep them out of doors all year round, you'll find everything you
need to know here.

Happy Ponding!
Jacqui

"pixi" wrote in message
Good Morning. I have been keeping a couple of goldfish in the house. It
was too cold to put them out when I bought them. Nothing but trouble. I
have had them in a ten-gallon tank and a one-gallon tank. Either tank
clouds up in a day or two for some strange reason. I would like to put

them
outside in the big pond but don't know whether or not it is too cold. I
assume the water in the inside tank ranges from 65 to 70. (Room
temperature) No idea what the700 gallon pond is but the outside

temperature
this morning is 58.

Would it be safe to put them out now in a plastic bag and then release

them
into the outside pond later today? Or would it still be too much of a
shock.

Thanks a bunch.