Old 25-05-2005, 09:55 AM
JB

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:32:19 +0100, "Spider"
wrote:

I have a dirt cheap 30cm electric rotary and it does cut the grass,
but often I cant get a chance to do it as regularly as I should
So sometimes I am cutting 4" of grass, and the box is tiny
(two lines of the garden and its empty time)

... I use a Qualcast Panther 30 push cylinder mower (£35 last year).

I'll second that. I replaced a flymo with the Qualcast push cylinder
and it's far less work than the electric mower. The only problem I
find is that if the grass gets too long the mower wheels slip on wet
grass so the first cut can take more work (and if the grass gets long
it's usually because it has been wet)

JB