Old 25-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:39:02 +0100, Niall Smyth wrote:

can I hang a petrol mower or does it have to be kept flat?
(my shed is tiny)

Petrols are heavy... and a fourstroke wouldn't like being kept in any
angle other than upright. The oil could drain to places it should get
and could cause serious engine damage when next started.

Are petrols a maintenance nightmare?

Not really, change the oil, check and clean the plug and air filter
each season. Everything else is the normal cleaning after use but:

I like the way my electric, just comes out of the shed
and back in it goes - thats it

it appears you don't do that... Steel rusts and in the intrests of
longevity a mower ought to be cleaned after use and possibly a wipe
over with an oily rag.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail