Old 25-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Pagan

"billw" wrote in message
I am so tired of hurting my shoulder to get my gas fired trimmer to
start each time, I am getting a rechargeable trimmer for my light trim
work in yard.

any sugestoins on models?

I have a Black and Decker 18v model. This thing uses the same batteries as
my power tool set (drill, saws, flashlight) so I already have a few on hand.

These things don't have anything near the power of even a cheap gas trimmer,
but they're pretty handy, especially for the wife when I'm away on business.
This thing is perfect for light work, and the trimmer head rotates 90
degrees for extremely light edging. I've used it for touching up, and for
delicate work around baby trees. You don't even have to bump it for the
line feed. You can also get a hedge trimmer (which works great as well),
and a blower (haven't tried it) that all uses the same batteries, or get
them all in a package. No other rechargeable trimmer has the option of
using the batteries for other things that I know of. You can get them at
Lowes.

If you really like the power of a gas trimmer, you may want to visit Sears.
They have a new 2 cycle trimmer that's supposed to start on the first pull.
I got their 4 cycle trimmer that starts on the 2nd to 4th pull. This one
has the ability to use attachments for edging, hedge trimming, blower,
vacuum, and other stuff.

Pagan