Old 25-05-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Do I Need to Put Barrier Around Clump Type Bamboo (Fargesia Nitida)?

I am planning to put fargesia nitida (a clump type bamboo) as a privacy
screen in the property line. Because it is placed in the property line,
I don't want it to spread to my neigbhor property. I am wondering
whether I still need to worry about whether it will spread and how
fast/far it can spread given the fact that it is a clump type bamboo,
and not a runner.

I really don't want to put barrier around the property line because
there are large trees and many tree root. I am afraid that the process
of putting a barrier may kill the trees.

Thanks.

Jay Chan