Old 25-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Derek Broughton

CanadianCowboyİ wrote:

I kept my goldfish out in Canadian winters !!!

All lived !!!

Goldfish are not really tropical so it is OK !

Goldfish aren't _at all_ tropical, but the problem is not the minimum
temperature they can survive (at least 0C) but the temperature change that
they can handle. It's best if you don't subject them to more than a few
degrees change in a day. If you make a large change gradual enough that
you don't shock them (which could kill them outright) you still put stress
on their sytems which makes them more susceptible to disease.
--
derek