Old 26-05-2005, 12:29 AM
aspasia

Default Dwarf orange - So Calif coastal

Hi, group -

This is the second time I've tried to grow a Washington
dwarf orange tree. I am really, really discouraged

Chronology:

Few years ago, bought tree at neighborhood nursery
(So. Calif coastal).

It had 3 delicious oranges on it. After that, it
hardly bloomed next season, produced nothing,
then had to be taken out.

Bought another at same nursery. First year,
a few blooms, 0 oranges.

Second year (2005) plant went CRAZY
with fragrant blooms. You should have SEEN
those blossoms!

What happened? Blooms dropped off,
plant began to fail.

I gave it citrus feed, not in excess, and
even some iron, though the leaves have more of a mottled
green-and-yellow look, rather than characteristic chlorosis
pattern.

If anybody has a clue, I sure would
like to save plant and make it produce,
even if I have to wait till next season.

Also, if anyone in this area is experiencing
similar problems, please post.

Thanks in advance to all.

--

Aspasia