Old 04-11-2002, 12:27 PM
kevin heath

Default Cruises

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Mike
writes
I am in the very early stage of planning 2 cruises. The first on is for
ex Royal Navy persons ONLY on Fred Olson's Black Prince in April 2004,

I was shown over Black Prince by the Cruise Director on Friday Morning
and I am impressed with her. Reports from people who have sailed in her
are more than satisfied.

Having sailed onthe Black Prince and other Fred Olsen ship I can vouch for
that. They are of a more 'classic' cruise persuasion rather than the more
popular cruise companies like celebrity and the airtours cruise company
which I cann't remember the name of at the moment. Fred Olsen do some nice
specialaty cruises with some great guest lecturers. I think it was last year
they had some lectures by Sir Patrick Moore. One cruise I went on was around
the cape of Africa and it included a number of day safaris ashore. Very
enjoyable and informative.

The ship being used for the October trip to Gibraltar is the Van Gough
but I do not have too much information on that.

Oh dear.
Been on that ship to. I really don't spend my life cruising - I do need to
work occassionally. Ship regularly sails out of Plymouth I believe. Not
quite upto the standards of Fred Olsen but very comfortable anyway. It seems
to be a predominately charter ship that is used a lot for local newspapers
'readers offers' type of holiday. Food, accommodation and facilities is
adequate although not of a standard of classic cruising. It's also not a
particularly large ship so space is a bit limited.

Many thanks for the interest, I will get an information sheet out
sometime in the near future.

Mike

------
Reunions for all Services now provided.