Old 26-05-2005, 05:48 PM
cat daddy

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"K, T, E & N" wrote:

I've got some young fruit trees that I'm not going to use the fruit from
(too young still to have much). The birds are nesting in the trees so I
would rather not spray the trees. Are there any spikes for systemic

insect
control or disease control that those in the know would recommend?

Would
appreciate advise to help keep the trees healthy.

I have apple, peach, plums and cherry.

Thanks,

Kim

Systemic poisons and food just seem to clash big time with me. It
scares me frankly. Dormant oil comes to mind along with plenty of air
flow and traps. Having a large commercial orchard near may attract more
pest like Peach borers for example and peaches may have to be replaced
by apples as just one alternative.

There was a new study released within the last few days concerning
pesticides and ParkinsonΉs disease. Please note that rotenone is a
major player as well an Organic pesticide. Poison is Poison....Be
careful!

Here's some interesting info......

Report Card: Pesticides in Produce
http://www.foodnews.org/reportcard.php

12 Most Contaminated
Buy These Organic

• Apples
• Bell Peppers
• Celery
• Cherries
• Imported Grapes
• Nectarines
• Peaches
• Pears
• Potatoes
• Red Raspberries
• Spinach
• Strawberries

"Eating the 12 most contaminated fruits and vegetables will expose a
person to nearly 20 pesticides per day...

"Peaches had the most pesticides overall with some combination of up to
45 pesticides found on the samples tested, followed by raspberries with 39
pesticides and apples and strawberries, both with 36."