Old 26-05-2005, 04:14 PM
K Barrett

Back in 1996 we discussed this on OrchidSafari. The chat transcript rambles
a bit, but I think its still pretty good.

http://www.geocities.com/~marylois/archiv18.html

As always, any orchid information worth reading can be found in Rebecca
Northen's 'Home Orchid growing'.

K Barrett

"Phalguy" wrote in message

Hello everyone !

I have a nice Phal. amboinensis X Phal. tetraspis starting to bloom right
now! Nice cream color with some very tender mahogany stipe. Nice lilac

like
fragrance!

This morning, while expecting this plant, I was thinking to put myself to

new challenge! I would like to cross this plant by itself but I don`t know
where exactly we have to put the pollen?
Just behind and down below the pollen sacs, there is a hole, which is, I
think, connected to the ovary behind the petal and sepal! Am I right?

Should
I put the pollen in that littel hole?

I know it can be risky and I could lose the plant but it`s a risk I`m

ready
to take.

Thank you

Claude