Old 26-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Unless the fish are eating it. The local Lowe's doesn't have any fast
growing pond plants in that will spread to help clear the algea... any

other
good ideas?

(No WH in this area, either.)

Maybe something else from the grocvery store I can toss in?

We've added 4 Iris, 2 lillies, mini cattails (doing poorly), and the
watercress (doing poorly)

The iris and lillies are growing like crazy though.

You could try adding 1 Tbs. of POTASH per 1000 gallons and see if that
helps. Unless the plants get enough potassium they will not do well. Some
plants need more, some less.

The fastest growing inexpensive plants I know of are the water lettuce and
water hyacinth. Compost or sell the excess.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...