Old 26-05-2005, 05:11 PM
kathy

Don't give up on the watercress yet. It takes a
while to take off. How are the temperatures down
there? Despite watercress supposedly being a
cool weather plant mine thrives all thru the
summer even our spell of 100+ temperatures.

I doubt you'll be able to get water hyacinth and
water lettuce since they are on the hit list of
many southern states (at least commercially)

Mini cattails are slow growers. A theory of mine
is that plants that have been mini-ized don't bring
much vigor after being tampered with. Both mini
cattails and mini horsetail in the bog haven't done
well, where other plants have thrived.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com