Old 26-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Kay

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

1. Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna)
2. Lilac (Syringa vulgaris )

3. ? Quince???

As in Chaenomeles (japanese quince)? I wondered, but though there are
pale flowered cultivars, I don't think there are any white flowered
ones, are there?

4. Aquilegia ... these will seed around but may not come true to colour.
5. Foxglove... beautiful British native, will also seed around but not
invade.
6. ?
7. ?
8. Cornflower...another beautiful British native (Centaurea cyanus)

No, not cyanus. It's the perennial one, C montana. Leaves are far too
broad for cyanus. And I don't think cyanus has those black fringes on
the sepals.

9. ?

--
Kay