Old 26-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] First Bonsai - Fukien Tea / Small Leaf

On 27/05/2005 09:44:16, wrote:
GK wrote:
I just received my first Bonsai, a Fukien Tea / Small Leaf.
training it goes. Any bonsai club is north of where I live. I'm
about 30 miles south of the Chicago Loop.

The club at the Chicago Botanical garden is pretty good. I know it's a
drive, particularly hard in Winter, but it's really worth joining, even if
you only go once every other month. I used to live in Forest Park and that
was about 17 miles. Grab some good tunes and go

There's also a club in Springfield, but that's probably too far for you.

It has some small flowers on it. Should I trim them, or allow them to
grow?

I've left flowers on the Fukien teas I had. Didn't seem to affect them much
one way or the other.

Perhaps a picture would help.

http://internetbonsaiclub.org Look for the Galleries You'll be able to
get some responses there