Old 27-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

I have a couple of them (I live in Cleveland, so similar temps). Mine
are just now making the transition from inside under lights to outside
as our temps are still falling into the 40's at night and they prefer
warmer weather. Don't let it dry completely out - slightly damp, but
not wet seems to work best. Clip and grow is also about the only way
I've found to train it, unless you carefully wire the new shoots before
they harden. Otherwise, the wood is pretty brittle. They like morning
sun, but don't do well in direct noontime or afternoon sun/heat...even
in Cleveland. If you leave the flowers on, you may get fruit which adds
to the appearance (IMHO). They thicken VERY slowly. I've had mine 3
years now and it has not thickened noticeably at all even though it is
in an oversized pot for the size of the tree.

Enjoy!

Jeff Isom

Cleveland, OH