Old 27-05-2005, 01:58 AM
William W. Plummer

Natty Dread wrote:

I just received a bunch of of Asian daylily bulbs that I orded online. When
I opened the packages, I found that a number of them have already started
sprouting. Is it OK to go ahead and plant them with the sprouts sticking up
out of the ground, or should I cut off the vegetation and plant the bulbs
bare?

The Asiatic Lily Beetle (little, red, rectangular) will be an enormous
problem. A local gardening expert recommends Bayer Tree and Shrub
(insect control?) because it has a higher percentage of the active
ingredient. All other controls such as Neem oil are known to be
ineffective, in spite of what the popular press says.