Old 27-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Salty Thumb

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message
from "Warren" contains these words:

It's interesting that both the original poster and this helpful shill
are posting from the same IP address.

Thye're posting from gardenbanter, a UK website for lamebrains
which
acts as a portal to usenet groups. All members posts to usenet, carry
the website's from-address.

I had a feeling that the original message was just a set-up, but I
did expect the shill to come back sooner to answer his own question
with his spam.

gardenbanter posters don't have a clue they're posting to a
newsgroup, and don't understand threads or reply editing. They can
very seldom find the same thread to read the answers to their own
questions, let alone make a second post to the same thread.
Conversations with them do tend to be very short and one- sided :-)

Janet (UK).

Yes, but the messages not only carry gardenbanter's address, they also
carry the individual computer's computron ID and in this case, both
northwest_man's and gardenlover's are the same. There are some
scenarios in which the user could be innocent, but you only have
consider the following posts:

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:46:44 +0000
problem and after using it his yard definitely looks much better. I can
ask for more info if you'd like.

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:57:33 +0000
the website ...."

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:06:14 +0000
link for more info ...."

So either this guy is a little too enthusiastic to be heeded or this
amazing crappy product is so great you can qualify to shill for it
within 24 hours. A third possibility is that he may have spelled
neighborg wrong, in which case he's the same person, but also isn't.
Damned cyberorganic androids moving in all over the place.