Old 25-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Registered User

Question Soil amendment?

Is there any product out there that is GOOD for soil amendment? Thanks for your help!
Old 25-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Vox Humana

"gardenlover" wrote in message

Is there any product out there that is GOOD for soil amendment? Thanks
for your help!

Compost. Make your own or buy it from a landscape supply company.

Old 25-05-2005, 10:42 PM
David Bockman

gardenlover wrote in
:

Is there any product out there that is GOOD for soil amendment? Thanks
for your help!

Yes of course there is-- dozens in fact. BUT, what you use depends largely
upon what your existing soil conditions are.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums
Old 26-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Travis

gardenlover wrote:
Is there any product out there that is GOOD for soil amendment?
Thanks for your help!

Compost would probably be the best but any organic matter would be
better than nothing.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 26-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered User

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenlover
Is there any product out there that is GOOD for soil amendment? Thanks for your help!
Try ZEBA. It worked for me and my neighbord. Here is the link for more info www.zeba.com. Hope that help

Old 26-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Warren

northwest_man wrote:

gardenlover Wrote:
Is there any product out there that is GOOD for soil amendment? Thanks
for your help!

Try product spam deleted. It worked for me and my neighbord. Here is the
link for more
info product url deleted. Hope that help

--
northwest_man

It's interesting that both the original poster and this helpful shill are
posting from the same IP address.

I had a feeling that the original message was just a set-up, but I did
expect the shill to come back sooner to answer his own question with his
spam.

I have no idea of what his product is or does, but as a general rule,
products advertised by this method are snake oil. Legitimate products are
not advertised by this deceitful method. Therefore, since this method of
advertising was chosen for this product, then it must be snake oil.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/tele.../fall2005.html

Old 26-05-2005, 11:15 PM
John Bachman

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:54:26 -0700, "Warren"
wrote:

northwest_man wrote:

gardenlover Wrote:
[...]

Nice detective work, Warren. I wondered about the use of the word
"amendment" with no further details in both the original post and the
site referenced. Neither gave any specifics as to what soil property
needs to be amended.

However, I did not add 2 and 2 and check IP addresses as you did.

High probablility of useless stuff being foisted onto the
unsuspecting.

John

Old 27-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Warren

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Warren" contains these words:

It's interesting that both the original poster and this helpful shill are
posting from the same IP address.

Thye're posting from gardenbanter, a UK website for lamebrains which
acts as a portal to usenet groups. All members posts to usenet, carry
the website's from-address.

Yes. And they also carry the original poster's IP address as well.

--
Warren H.

==========

Old 27-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Salty Thumb

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message
from "Warren" contains these words:

It's interesting that both the original poster and this helpful shill
are posting from the same IP address.

Thye're posting from gardenbanter, a UK website for lamebrains
which
acts as a portal to usenet groups. All members posts to usenet, carry
the website's from-address.

I had a feeling that the original message was just a set-up, but I
did expect the shill to come back sooner to answer his own question
with his spam.

gardenbanter posters don't have a clue they're posting to a
newsgroup, and don't understand threads or reply editing. They can
very seldom find the same thread to read the answers to their own
questions, let alone make a second post to the same thread.
Conversations with them do tend to be very short and one- sided :-)

Janet (UK).

Yes, but the messages not only carry gardenbanter's address, they also
carry the individual computer's computron ID and in this case, both
northwest_man's and gardenlover's are the same. There are some
scenarios in which the user could be innocent, but you only have
consider the following posts:

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:46:44 +0000
problem and after using it his yard definitely looks much better. I can
ask for more info if you'd like.

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:57:33 +0000
the website ...."

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:06:14 +0000
link for more info ...."

So either this guy is a little too enthusiastic to be heeded or this
amazing crappy product is so great you can qualify to shill for it
within 24 hours. A third possibility is that he may have spelled
neighborg wrong, in which case he's the same person, but also isn't.
Damned cyberorganic androids moving in all over the place.