Old 27-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Timothy

On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:59:08 +0000, David Bockman wrote:

Timothy wrote in :

http://ywgc.com/resources/photo/inse...y_beetle_1.jpg

Possibly Psyllobora vigintimaculata, aka mildew-eating ladybird beetle.

See http://www.cirrusimage.com/beetles_l...Psyllobora.htm

Thank you very much Mr.Bockman, this is what we have. I have treated these
trees with winter oil and sulphur three times this season. I'm not able to
find much information on P. vigintimaculata in regards to if P.
vigintimaculata is the vector of the mildew or not. P. vigintimaculata
seems to be on non-infected leaves and then days later the leaves are full
blown infected. This maybe due to P. vigintimaculata having spores on
it's body and spreading it while hunting for new fungi patches.

Again, thanks for helping me out.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com