Old 27-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Warren

DigitalVinyl wrote:
The end of one of the tomato plants is snapped almost completely off.
It is hanging on by two millimeters of stem. Basically the plant is
two lateral leafs and then a broken tip. WIll this regrow new
branches? It is snapped at the crotch of the second leaf, so I don't
know if that will send out anything.

Any hope for a plant damaged so close to the root?

I'll put my bet on it growing fine. Tomatoes can take a lot of abusive,
well, let's call it pruning, as long as the ongoing care they get once
planted is good.

Good to hear they're sending a replacement. I could be that they sent out
the best, and your replacement might not be starting off as well, but I'll
put my money on both your broken plant, and any replacement, even if it's an
abused left-over, doing fine. Maybe they'll be a week or two behind what
they could have been, but they ought to be fine.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/tele.../fall2005.html