Old 28-05-2005, 03:13 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Fri, 27 May 2005 18:32:02 -0600, Wilmdale wrote:

Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with the Tetra or any other
vacuum bottom drain?
I am wondering if the vacuum bottom drain would be a better choice over
the submersible pump.
Thanks again, everybody!
W. Dale

W.Dale, if you go to my website you'll see a diagram of what I did with my
pond using both the no-niche skimmer and tetra vac bottom drain. Click on
*My filter*. I've been real happy with the set up, beats a pump in the
pond.

DH & I did at one time discuss going thru the liner, but found out the only
way to do it with a good seal was to put in new liner. We neither have the
money, nor do I have the energy to move all the rocks at this time. I think
I'd be more apt to covert the two pond system into one big pond if we got
serious about a remodel. Though I really like the look of my 2 pond system,
it is no where near big enough when a koi hits the 2' size. Not with the
plants I also like to keep in it. Recently sold my biggest koi for this
reason. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~