Old 28-05-2005, 03:52 PM
paghat

In article ,
"Cereus-validus....." wrote:

If you're looking for a new way to kill slugs, why not go to your liquor
store and buy some imported European beer to kill them?

Turn your Memorial Day weekend into a full scale slug festival!!!!

Make that a full SNAIL slug festival.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone: I have a slug infestation--but enough about my
neighbors--lol...
Seriously though--what I hate about my garden is that every year I'm
looking for a new way to kill slugs. I'm looking forward to moving so
that this (hopefully) won't be much of an issue at my new house.
Anything new on the market that is safe? I've used Sluggo and like it
quite a bit. Because I'm moving, I've put some veggies in containers
and what a difference! The container plants are much healthier and the
others looked sickly until I put Bug Getta around my plants and every
morning there's a sickly slug mess out there. My two cats like to roam
around my yard (it's fenced-in so no worries cat lovers), and I'm not
crazy about using commercial slug killer out there.
Are slugs very common? (I'm in PA) Do I have this to look forward to
again when I move?
I've tried the coffee, beer route and neither of those have worked for
me.
Stephanie

--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he