Old 28-05-2005, 07:21 PM

scullycat wrote:
I always loved the look of shiny leaves. I see them in the malls. How do I
achieve that look. Just wiping them leaves them dull. thanks in advance

I used to work in a plant store. There we used the spray on leaf shine, but
it is bad for the plants - blocks the pores. So we spayed it on and gently
wiped it off each leaf witih a paper towel. It is VERY time intensive. I do
this with all my house plants once or twice a year (usually when I have the
flu and am not much good for anything else). An amazing amount of crud and
dust comes off the leaves and the plants look great afterwards. Hosing them
off does not have the same effect.
Hilda