Old 20-05-2005, 12:03 AM
scullycat

Default leaf shine

I always loved the look of shiny leaves. I see them in the malls. How do I
achieve that look. Just wiping them leaves them dull. thanks in advance

Old 20-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Merle O'Broham

Local stores carry a variety of cheap spray on wipe off bottles of leaf
shine. I occasionally use Miracle-Gro non-aerosol leaf shine on rubber
trees and Easter Lillies.

Old 20-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Vox Humana

"scullycat" wrote in message
I always loved the look of shiny leaves. I see them in the malls. How do I
achieve that look. Just wiping them leaves them dull. thanks in advance

You can wipe the leaves with a cloth moistened with milk.

Old 20-05-2005, 07:46 AM
refs unpersons rewrite fullwise

scullycat wrote:
I always loved the look of shiny leaves. I see them in the malls. How

do I
achieve that look. Just wiping them leaves them dull. thanks in

advance

But I had recently read that leaf shine products aren't good to use,
they generally contain wax which clogs the pores on the leaves and
inhibits respiration. In other words, what looks aesthetic to you
is not necessarily what's best for the plant.

Old 28-05-2005, 07:21 PM

scullycat wrote:
I always loved the look of shiny leaves. I see them in the malls. How do I
achieve that look. Just wiping them leaves them dull. thanks in advance

I used to work in a plant store. There we used the spray on leaf shine, but
it is bad for the plants - blocks the pores. So we spayed it on and gently
wiped it off each leaf witih a paper towel. It is VERY time intensive. I do
this with all my house plants once or twice a year (usually when I have the
flu and am not much good for anything else). An amazing amount of crud and
dust comes off the leaves and the plants look great afterwards. Hosing them
off does not have the same effect.
Hilda

[IMG] code is On

Any suggestions on home made house plant leaf shine? tom United Kingdom 11 21-02-2011 06:56 PM
Raymond Weil Shine Watch [email protected] Texas 0 21-05-2009 03:52 AM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
Orchids and Leaf Shine Shell Orchids 5 20-11-2004 11:17 PM
leaf shine scullycat Gardening 3 01-09-2004 10:51 PM