Old 28-05-2005, 06:46 PM
JimS.

"Helen, EA in PA" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last year, I had small red roses branching off of my John F. Kennedy
rose (which we all know is white). This year, I have the same
branching off of my Sultry (which is more melon). The Sultry, I might
be able to understand, if it was hybirded with a red rose, but red and
white on the same bush? They share the same bed, but are at least 8
feet apart and none of the others are doing it, at least not yet!

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
Helen

Depending on where they're coming from....a possible explanation is that
you're seeing growth from the original rootstock, instead of the grafted
rose up top. Several popular rootstocks are red, such as Dr. Huey? That
could be it.

JimS.
Seattle