Old 29-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Vox Humana

"MaryJoL" wrote in message
news
I was at a baby shower and they had hostas planted in the front of the
building. I have never seen such big leaves on a hosta. they were

enormous!
They didn't know the name of the hosta. does anyone know of any varieties

of
hostas with such big leaves, and if you do, where I can buy them? Thanks

for
any help...

There are many large hostas. One of the more common large ones in this are
is "Sum and Substance." Elegans can also be large. Although the individual
leaves are not huge, I have a Krosa Regal that is enormous - over four feet
high and about five feet across. Hostas tend to reach a mature size and
form if left alone (that is, not divided) for more than five years.