Old 29-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Ben Tuinman

Thanks Joanna, Xi and Burr for the terrific advise you all gave me ! I
bought this phals in our local supermarket flower department, and it was the
lady who sold me the plant who told me to cut it in half after the flowers
have wilted...... Go figure ! Anyway, that is the way things often are in
retailing these days, poor advise, and poor knowledge of the products
offered for sale. Meanwhile our family enjoy the blooms of this plant very
much, and I assure all of you : I won't cut it in half.....! Also, I sure am
glad I asked for advice ! Ben.

"Ben Tuinman" wrote in message
news
I am new to orchids, but getting hooked fast....! Our orchid

(phalaenopsis)
is in fine shape with an abundance of blooms. However, when these blooms
wilt, will the plant go into dormancy ? For how long ?
It has been suggested that we cut the plant in half. Is this true, and if
so, how do I
cut ours since it has a side branch ? I have taken two pictures which may

be
seen at http://album.freeprohost.com

Thanks !