Old 29-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Debi JS

Al and Rambler,

Thanks so much for the advice! I have submerged the pots/medium the
cymbidiums were growing in for a good soak, and have washed and repotted
them in fresh medium. I had already wiped the leaves on the other plants. I
will apply an insecticide after a trip to the store.

I appreciate your help.

Debi

"Al" wrote in message
If the mites are this bad you should go to a garden/nursery store and pick
up something to spray them with. Most insecticides that are available in
you area will have a list of insects that they kill. Most will not be
labeled for orchids, but many have a general catch-all term "Ornamental
plants". Anything that kills mites on Roses, would be helpful and easy to
find. Follow the label directions regarding. Pay attention to repeat
application cycle times.

The exudate on new growths and flower buds is normal on cattleya.
However, mite infestation can also make it happen.

I have a horrible infestation of spider mites in my yard, and they
apparently spread to my cymbidiums which I was growing on a patio.